USPA Coach Program
The United States Powerlifting Association’s goal is to provide fitness professionals, coaches, and athletes with the highest level of strength and power educational products for the sport of powerlifting.
Powerlifting is one of the fastest growing sports and it’s training methods of building strength foundation for fitness and all types of sports & recreational activities have been proven over time.
This program can enhance an athlete’s overall performance of strength and power for all ages, from youth to senior.
WHY CERTIFYIn achieving certification, you demonstrate that you have the knowledge and skills necessary to advance learning, achievement and increase your professional marketability, among other benefits. By maintaining your USPA Coaches Certification, you distinguish yourself as an accomplished strength and power coach, specializing in the sport of Powerlifting. It also demonstrates you are committed to the continuous improvement of your skills and knowledge.
- Certification validates your qualifications and your advanced competence.
- Certification demonstrates your desire to improve the quality of coaching services.
- Certification assures professional recognition from your peers and colleagues.
- Participants in the program are eligible for Continuing Education Units (CEU’s)
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Additional Benefits Include
- 1 year USPA membership
- Printable 300+ page USPA Coaches Certification E-book Manual
- Free attendance to any scheduled seminar coaches course as an assistant coach
- Free edition updates of Coaches Certification Manual
- Recognition on the USPA Certified Coaches Registry
This course is applicable for Competitive Powerlifting Coaches, Strength & Conditioning Coaches, Sports Performance Coaches, Certified Personal Trainers, and Health & Fitness Enthusiast.
The information consists of:
- Biomechanical Principles of Powerlifting
- Physiological Science of Powerlifting
- Evaluation and Assessment of Movement
- Flexibility for Improved Movement
- Sports-Specific Technique Fundamentals and Skill
- Lab Activities
- Program Design of Strength & Power Principles
- Sport Psychology
- Performance Nutrition
- Jr Strength Training
- Coaching for Competition
- Competition Preparation-Rules of performance (squat, bench press, deadlift)
- Roles and Responsibilities of Coaches